The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC) is asking applicants for its COVID-19 energy assistance funds to get their applications in by Monday, Nov. 30, to allow time for application processing before the deadline of Dec. 4.


If any member of your household has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in one of the following ways, you may qualify for energy assistance funds:

* Job loss, work-hour reduction, or loss of wages due to the COVID-19 pandemic

* Missed work to care for a child as a result of school closure, COVID-19 related illness, or online learning

* Missed work to care for an adult family member or relative with a COVID-19 diagnosis

* COVID-19-related out of pocket expenses

* Inability to find employment due to the pandemic

* Other COVID-19 related circumstances


Funds are not income-based, and all who have suffered loss of income due to COVID-19 are encouraged to apply.


CARES Act Utility Assistance funding can be used to help pay for the cost of electric, natural gas, propane, wood, kerosene, or coal.


To apply, follow the link for a downloadable application. Send a completed application, a copy of your driver’s license or photo ID, a copy of your most recent utility bill, and documentation of the COVID-19-related income loss to CAC using one of the following methods:




Mail: Knox CAC West Neighborhood Center, P.O. Box 51650 Knoxville, TN 37950


Drop Off: CARES drop box, L.T. Ross Building main entrance 2247 Western Ave. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m.


For more information, assistance, or additional resources, please call your nearest CAC Neighborhood Center:

* West/Central/North: 524-3345

* East/South: 546-5125


For more assistance, including rental, mortgage, and other housing assistance, please call 2-1-1.