DOGWOOD ARTS FESTIVAL EXPANDS, ANNOUNCES 2023 ENTERTAINMENT LINEUP
Event to Feature 42 Live Performances, 100+ Fine Artists, Vendors from Across the Country
The Dogwood Arts Festival brings artists and art lovers from across the country to Downtown Knoxville for a 3-day celebration of art, culture, and natural beauty. The 2023 event will take place April 28th-30th. In 2021, the festival relocated from Market Square to the Performance Lawn at World’s Fair Park. Two years later, festival organizers announce plans for the event to expand outside of the Performance Lawn with live music and performances in the Amphitheatre alongside a culinary arts tent, a Maker Market, and live art demonstrations taking place on the greenway and along the waterfront in World’s Fair Park. As in years past, the Dogwood Arts Festival will also feature just over 100 fine art vendors on the Performance Lawn, food vendors, plant and flower sales, blooming beer gardens, and free activities for the entire family.
The 2023 event will feature forty-two live performances on two stages throughout the weekend. From opera and slam poetry to dance, contemporary ballet, and award-winning Americana artists — the diverse entertainment lineup has something for everyone (see a full list of performing artists below).
Expanded Footprint & New Offerings:
- Culinary Arts Tent: A Taste of Real Good Kitchen
- Dogwood Arts is partnering with Real Good Kitchen to showcase the culinary arts at the 2023 Dogwood Arts Festival! Guests can experience ‘A Taste of Real Good Kitchen:’ featuring 12 local food entrepreneurs — from Authentic Ghanaian cuisine and fresh pasta to chicken & waffles, bao buns, and chilaquiles — there’s something to inspire every palette. $35 tickets include tastings from five participating vendors during a particular time frame.
- Tasting Schedule: Saturday, April 29th (10AM-2PM, 3-6PM) | Sunday, April 30th (11AM-4PM)
- Tickets can be purchased online prior to the event or at the culinary tent located at the top of the World’s Fair Park Amphitheatre
- Maker Market & Live Art Demonstrations
- Saturday, April 29th & Sunday, April 30th
- Guests can enjoy a Maker Market on the lawn and greenway next to the World’s Fair Park Amphitheatre featuring a variety of vendors including: Smokey Mountain Spice Factory, Old Bailey Farms, English Rose Farms, KnoxFill, French Broad Lavender, Green Yams LLC, Proper Popcorn, Butter from the Block, Bake That Dough, Tonya Rea’s, and 865 Studio Screens
- The Maker City tent will feature live art demonstrations from local artists and makers.
- Emerging Makers Tent
- Sunday, April 30th from 10AM-5PM in the World’s Fair Park Amphitheatre
- The Emerging Makers Tent is a new initiative at the Dogwood Arts Festival to support emerging local and regional makers. This opportunity was developed to provide a supportive environment for makers to gain practical experience selling their artwork at a professional craft fair. Thirty vendors were juried into the event.
For over sixty years the Dogwood Arts Festival has been one of the most celebrated cultural events in Knoxville. Each spring when the dogwoods bloom, visitors and locals alike come together to celebrate art, enjoy live music, and take in the natural beauty of East Tennessee.
- World’s Fair Park (Performance Lawn & Amphitheatre)
- 963 World’s Fair Park Drive, Knoxville, TN 37916
- Festival Hours:
- Friday, April 28th Saturday, April 29th: 10AM-7PM
- Sunday, April 30th: 10AM-5PM
- Website: https://www.dogwoodarts.com/dogwoodartsfestival
- World’s Fair Park (Performance Lawn & Amphitheatre)
A daily rotating lineup of mobile food vendors will be available, alongside a beverage area with beer selections provided by Cherokee Distributing Company and specialty cocktails from Sugarlands Distilling Company. The ORNL Federal Credit Union Kid’s Creation Station will feature art activities and entertainment for little ones all weekend long!
The Dogwood Arts Festival is sponsored by ORNL Federal Credit Union, Visit Knoxville, Home Federal Bank, the Tennessee Arts Commission, Sampson Foundation Fund, Cherokee Distributing, Pilot, the Downtown Knoxville Alliance, the City of Knoxville, Knox County, Crowne Plaza, Sugarlands Distilling Company, US Cellular, Graphic Creations, Hamarki Wellness, American Home Improvements, Renewal by Andersen, Dollywood, The AB Project, Maker Exchange, Pivot Point Gallery, and Moke America Knoxville.
2023 Performing artists include (in alphabetical order): Annalyse & Ryan, Blue Ridge Gathering, Brand New Box of Matches, Cattywampus Puppet Council, Circle Modern Dance, Drums Up, Guns Down, Enoch Contemporary Ballet, Fountain City Ramblers, Kami Astro, HaCha Latin Dance Company, Haley Labelle, I.N.K., Ignite! Powered by Dancers Studio, John T. O’Connor Center Singing Seniors, Jonathan “Courageous” Clark, Jorden Albright, Kaleb Mullins and the Witness, Knox County Schools Student, Knoxville Honkers & Bangers, Knoxville Opera, Love is the Answer Community Showcase, Make Music Knoxville presents Build-a-Band, Marki, Marlee Hart, Melissa Hale, Milk Man & The Big Band, Pistol Creek Catch of the Day, Rachel McIntyre Smith, Raisin Love “One Day at a Time,” Red Zephyr, RheaSunshine Poetry with the 5th Woman, Rob Malka & The Undisputed Truth, RYDE: Royal Youth Dance Ensemble, Sam Hatmaker, School of Rock, Scott Apple, Shayla McDaniel Band, Stranger May, Suzuki Violins, The Montvales, Veronika Jackson, and the Wild Blue Yonder Appalachian Celtic Band.
Dogwood Arts, presented by ORNL Federal Credit Union, is a 501(c)3 organization with a mission to promote and celebrate our region’s art, culture, and natural beauty.