A number of City facilities and streets remain closed today until further notice following last weekend’s record-setting rains and flood damage.
The playground at Tyson Park, Charter Doyle Park and ZigZag Bridge on Third Creek Greenway, west of Tyson Park, are closed.
Additionally, Zoo Knoxville, Chilhowee Park and The Muse remain closed until further notice.
Currently, these 13 roads remain closed:
- Black Oak Drive at Oak Road;
- Braundau Drive at Maple Loop Road;
- Brandau Drive at West Red Bud Road;
- Cilla Road at Anna Road/Sarvis Drive;
- Clayton Road at Young Avenue;
- Colonial Circle at Peyton Place;
- Ellis Road, west of Chapman Highway;
- Hollywood Road at Kelly Place;
- Keller Bend at South Northshore Drive;
- Lake Forest Drive at Lakewood Drive/Chapman Highway;
- Papermill Drive at Hollywood Road;
- Prosser Road at Knoxville Zoo Drive; and
- Town Center Boulevard at Northshore Drive
For continuing updates on road and facility closures, please visit the City of Knoxville’s Facebook page.
Meanwhile, property owners are encouraged to call 3-1-1 (or 865-215-4311) to report significant damage to their buildings. Uniformed first responders or stormwater engineers will be making visits to many but not all of the damaged properties. The damage assessment will be forwarded to the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency (TEMA), which will collect data from multiple communities to see if the damage estimate reaches a threshold to qualify for application for possible federal assistance.