Knox County is hosting its first Sunset Cinema: Movies in the Park Series. The Sunset Cinema is a perfect way to spend a night in the great outdoors, with new movie showings every week! Movies in the Park Series this summer will show screenings of the season’s top movies in parks in each district of the county.
Activities will begin at 7:00 p.m. with screenings starting at dusk every other Friday, May through August. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own blankets, lawn chairs, and food. However, no alcohol is allowed.
The dates and locations for summer 2023 are:
- May 5: Scoob! at SportsPark
- May 19: Super Pets at Carl Cowan Park
- June 2: Space Jam at John Tarleton Park
- June 16: Ghostbusters: Afterlife at Gibbs Ruritan Park
- June 30: Lightyear at Hardin Valley Community Park
- July 14: Spiderman: No Way Home (more fun stuff) at Carter Park
- July 28: Encanto at French Memorial Park
- August 11: Lyle, Lyle Crocodile at Spring Place Park
- August 25: Super Mario Bros at Powell Station Park
“We are happy to announce a new event series hosted by our Parks and Recreation department that is sure to be one of the biggest events of the summer,” Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs said. “Folks from here and across the region love these events, and it’s a good chance to have a picnic, and check out our parks, which are some of the nicest places in the area.”
If any movie must be canceled because of the weather, the county will post a notification to the Parks and Recreation Facebook page and the Park’s Twitter page.