In its fourth year, the Knoxville Film Festival, produced by award-winning filmmaker Keith McDaniel, in partnership with Dogwood Arts, the Visit Knoxville Film Office and Regal Entertainment Group, will include more than 40 hours of film screenings at Regal Downtown West Cinema 8 beginning Friday, August 26 through Sunday, August 28. In addition to the screenings of feature and narrative documentaries and shorts, a Tennessee Film Competition, the 7-Day Shootout Competition, Student Filmmaking Competitions, and informative panel discussions will also highlight the festival.
“With more than 30 teams participating in the 7-Day Shootout Filmmaking Competition, the enthusiasm from our local filmmaking community is intense. One reason might be that the winner of the competition will leave with a cash prize of $5,000,” says Knoxville Film Festival Executive Director Keith McDaniel.
The opening night film, OPPOSITE OF ERNEST was directed by Knoxville-based filmmaker Chad Cunningham. “Opposite of Ernest” is the debut feature length film from Chad Cunningham, the 2015 winner of the Knoxville Film Festival’s 7-Day Shootout Filmmaking Competition. Along with support from the Visit Knoxville Film Office, the Knoxville Film Festival awarded Cunningham $20,000 to create a feature-length film. The Knoxville Film Festival is excited to be the venue for the world premiere of this film, made in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Tickets are available for purchase at knoxvillefilmfestival.com. Tickets may also be purchased at the Knoxville Film Festival Box Office located inside the Downtown West Regal Cinema 8 during the festival [August 26-28].
- Festival Pass + Opening Night Events [$75]
- Festival Pass [$50]
- Opening Night Film Screening + Opening Night Reception Tickets [$35]
- Student Festival Pass [$25] *Must present valid current Student ID.
- Opening Night Film Screening Ticket [$15]
- Opening Night Reception Ticket [$20]
- Individual Film Block Ticket [$10]
- Produced in partnership by: Dogwood Arts, Secret City Films, and the Visit Knoxville Film Office
- Presented by: ORNL Federal Credit Union
- Sponsored by: Regal Entertainment Group
- Media sponsors: East Tennessee PBS, Go! Knoxville, Shopper News, The Knoxville Mercury, WDVX, WUOT, WUTK, WVLT