Mayor Madeline Rogero is urging Knoxvillians without health insurance to learn about their options under the Affordable Care Act’s Health Insurance Marketplace as open enrollment (and re-enrollment) begins Nov. 1 and ends Dec. 15.
“The Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Marketplace is available with more options than last year,” Mayor Rogero said. “During open enrollment, the goal is to provide assistance to Knoxville residents so they can explore if any of the plans provided under the ACA is right for them.”
An ACA kick-off Enrollment Fair will be held from noon-6 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 1, at Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, 1807 Dandridge Ave. Knoxville Vice Mayor Finnbar Saunders will kick off the event at noon.
Throughout November and early December, enrollment and re-enrollment events are scheduled at Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, 1807 Dandridge Ave.; Cherokee Health Systems, 2018 Western Ave.; and South Knox Community Center, 522 Maryville Pike.
At these enrollment events, trained counselors will be on hand to provide free assistance to people who want to apply for health coverage. Counselors can also answer questions about possible ‘look-alike’ plans that are offered by private companies; but are not part of the official ACA Health Insurance Marketplace. For more information, visit www.knoxvilletn.gov/ACA or call 211.
Additional information is available at www.HealthCare.gov, the federal government website, or by calling 1-800-318-2596 or TTY 1-855-889-4325.
For other assistance opportunities or to schedule an appointment, call Cherokee Health Systems at 866-672-1979.
Anyone wishing to enroll will need these documents:
- Social Security numbers (or documentation of legal status);
- Employer and income information for every household member to be covered (pay stubs or W-2 forms are acceptable); and
- If renewing, you must bring your User Name and Password
After the Nov. 1 kick-off event at Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, nine other enrollment events are scheduled:
Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, 1807 Dandridge Ave.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 10
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 1
Cherokee Health Systems, 2018 Western Avenue
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 3
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 17
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 8
- 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 15
South Knox Community Center, 522 Maryville Pike
- 3-7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 15
- 3-7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 29
- 3-7 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 13