Reconnect With Nature at Keep Knoxville Beautiful Summit
~ from City of Knoxville’s Office of Neighborhood Empowerment
The Fourth Annual Keep Knoxville Beautiful Summit will take place on Thursday, Nov. 10, from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the East Tennessee History Center, 601 S. Gay Street.
The Urban Reconnection to Nature Summit will showcase sustainable developments in three cities: Greenville, SC, Birmingham, AL, and Baltimore, MD. Attendees will hear firsthand from experts in the field about equitable and sustainable parks, tree equity, urban canopy and the renewal of communities. A local panel will bring these topics home to our city and region.
Featured speakers include:
- Knox White – Mayor of Greenville, South Carolina
- Cathy Sloss Jones – President of the Urban Land Institute, Alabama Chapter
- Ryan Alston, Communications and Outreach Manager for the Baltimore Tree Trust
Local panelists include:
- Ben Bentley, Executive Director and CEO of Knoxville’s Community Development Corporation
- Carol Evans, Executive Director of Legacy Parks
- Kasey Krouse, Urban Forester for the City of Knoxville
Registration and more information about the Summit can be found on the Keep Knoxville Beautiful website. The Summit is free unless you want to purchase a lunch. Details are included in registration information.
KKB is teaming up with Green Drinks for happy hour following the Summit at Pour Taproom located at 207 West Jackson. Kevin Murphy and Sandra Korbelik from the Knox County Planning Alliance will speak about Advance Knox beginning at 5:30 p.m.