Proceeds from April 9 Event Benefit Children’s Hospital
For the eighth year, local celebrities are putting on their dancing shoes and teaming up with professional dance instructors from Dance Tonight, formerly Academy Ballroom, to raise money for East Tennessee’s children with a local version of the popular “Dancing with the Stars” television show.
Star 102.1’s Dancing with the Knoxville Stars competition will take place Saturday, April 9 at The Grande Event Center. Doors open at 6 p.m., show starts at 7 p.m.
2016 Knoxville area celebrities:
- Erick Baker – singer/songwriter, PBS show host
- Brandon Bates – WBIR news reporter/anchor
- Lauren Davis – WVLT news reporter/anchor
- Cindi DeBusk – philanthropist
- Fenway – Star 102.1 nighttime host/music director
- Lydia McCoy – Knoxville News Sentinel education reporter
- Mike Murray – Knoxville Ice Bears co-owner/general manager, former NHL player
- Michael Spencer – WATE sports director
- Dawn Tesh – Jewelry Television host
- Fred White – sports analyst, former UT/NFL football player
2016 Celebrity Judges:
Lori Gano – contractor, former model/TV host
Glenn “Kane” Jacobs – WWE professional wrestler
There are two ways to support the event, which will benefit East Tennessee Children’s Hospital: purchase tickets to the event or vote online for your favorite celebrity dancer.
Tickets are $60 a person for the April 9 show, which includes admission to the dance competition and heavy hors d’oeuvres during the show. A cash bar will also be available.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.etch.com/DWTKS. You can also purchase tickets by calling the Children’s Hospital Development Office at (865) 541-8441. VIP tables are available for $400, each table seats four. Seating is limited, and reservations are required.
The winner of Star 102.1’s Dancing with the Knoxville Stars will be determined by the judges’ votes the night of competition and online voting for each celebrity dancer. One dollar equals one vote. Guests in attendance can bring their votes (dollars) and donate to their favorite dancer the night of the show.
Each celebrity is paired with a professional dancer from Dance Tonight. For more information on Star 102.1’s Dancing with the Knoxville Stars, call the Children’s Hospital Development Office at (865) 541-8441.