~ from the Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee
Volunteer Assisted Transportation, a volunteer driver program of the Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee, is seeking volunteer drivers to assist seniors and people with disabilities in Knox County. Are you a people person? Do you like helping others?
This is one-on-one assistance to a fellow neighbor in need of transportation.
No lifting or medical care required.
During this time of COVID-19, we are also following all safety measures to keep everyone safe. Masks are required by volunteer driver and passenger. Passengers are required to sit in the backseat of the vehicles.
▪ Volunteers are needed for weekdays, evenings and weekends.
▪ Drivers must be 21 years of age and have at least 3 years of driving experience
▪ Flexible scheduling is available to all volunteers.
▪ Provide safe, accessible transportation services in agency-owned vehicles
▪ Stay with Riders and provide assistance at appointments, grocery shopping and other errands.
▪ Ensure Riders make it to their destinations safely.
▪ Training provided. (All Training costs covered by the program.)
FREE Training provided ~ Flexible Scheduling ~ Program vehicles are provided.
For more information contact us at 865-673-5001 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org