The Blount County Public Library has implemented a Three-Tier operational plan for responding to risks associated with the Coronavirus. Currently, the Tier-One Response has been implemented and the library staff is preparing to implement Tier-Two. Please follow the Blount County Public Library Facebook page to keep up with our status as the situation progresses and to learn about alternative ways to access library services. Please check the Events calendar on the Library Website (www.blountlibrary.org) or call the Library (865-982-0981) for the status of program and event offerings.
The Three-Tiers and associated responses are shown below:
- The Library has discontinued the use of toys, puzzles, and other heavily handled materials in library programs.
- Library staff across all departments have implemented extra measures to stop the spread of the virus including extra cleaning of library surfaces and implementing processes that limit contact between library patrons and between library patrons and library staff such as spacing out chairs for events and asking patrons to scan their own library card.
- The Library has moved hand sanitizer units out into highly visible areas and is asking patrons to use the sanitizer before using the library computers or handling materials.
- The Library will begin distributing information to the public on best health practices.
- BCPL Administrative Team is preparing to work electronically as needed to maintain library operations as the situation progresses.
- The Library PR Department will begin posting on Facebook and Twitter information about online resources accessible through the library’s website (www.blountlibrary.org). Ebooks, AudioBooks, and Magazines are available online through R.E.A.D.S. Online classes are available through Lynda.com and Universal Class. Tennessee Electronic Library and other subscription databases are also available via the library website under the Learning Tab.
- In the event that active cases begin occurring in Knoxville, the Library will cancel all library-sponsored programs but continue with Tier-One Responses.
- If you are a member of a public group or library partner that regularly meets at BCPL and/or rents a public meeting space, please reach out to Public Events Coordinator, Janna Federer, to discuss your options for rescheduling, canceling, or moving your previously scheduled programs. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-273-1408 Monday through Friday.
- Active cases of the virus in Blount County will make it necessary to temporarily close the library building to the public. Such a determination will be made by the Library Board of Trustees. Should the Library close to the public, all online services will remain available and the Library will work with patrons to provide needed services and adjust materials due dates, etc.
- Library staff will report to work on an 8:30 am to 5:30 pm work schedule Monday – Friday until regular operations resume.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance please contact any of the following people:
K.C. Williams, Library Director
Anjanae Brueland, Deputy Director
Kathy Harmon, Executive Administrative Assistant