The City of Knoxville and the Knox County Public Library present Drive-In at the Midway Holiday Edition with free movie screenings at Chilhowee Park.
- Friday, Nov. 20: “Elf” (PG, 2003)
- Friday, Dec. 4: “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” (PG-13, 1989)
Admission is free, but attendees must pre-register at https://www.knoxlib.org/movies.
“Our Drive-In at the Midway screenings earlier this fall were fun and very successful,” said City of Knoxville Special Events Director Judith Foltz. “We wanted to create that opportunity for families again for the Christmas season.” The holiday series is sponsored by Pilot Company.
The drive-in format allows attendees to watch movies on a 40-by-22-foot screen from the comfort of their vehicles or parking spots while maintaining pandemic protocols. Each vehicle may bring in the number of passengers for which it is rated (number of seatbelts). Each reserved space includes an adjacent parking space to accommodate blankets or lawn chairs. Guests will need an FM radio to receive the film’s audio from an FM transmitter.
Moviegoers must adhere to the Core Actions recommended by the CDC and Knox County Health Department to reduce the risks of spreading COVID-19:
- Wear a mask when moving about the grounds.
- No physical gathering or interaction of any type between households within the designated parking lot footprint.
- Masks and hand sanitizers will be available on site.
- If you feel sick, or know you’ve had contact with someone positive for COVID-19, please stay home.
For more information about Christmas in the City activities, visit KnoxvilleTN.gov/Christmas.