Open to All K-12 Students
Saturday, February 2, 2019
Check-in: 8:00 – 8:45 am
Coach meeting: 8:45 am
Hardin Valley Academy
11345 Hardin Valley Rd
Knoxville, TN 37932
4 Section: K-3, K-6, K-9, K-12
Unrated, 4 Rounds, G30/d5
Entry fee: $40 per team
- Coaches must register teams and pay for each team; not individual players
- A team consists of 4 players and the players may be from different schools
- A team can play only in a section that is consistent with the highest grade of the team members. For example, a team consisting of one 7th grade student and three 6th grade students cannot play in the K-3 or K-6 section; this team can play in either the K-9 or K-12 section.
- A home school student can form a team with other home school students or with other non-home school students
- No limitation for the number of teams from a school
- $10 discount will be given for each girl player. Please pay the entry fee in full. The discounts will be given to your team in the form of gift cards.
- All rounds will start ASAP
- Trophies to top 3 teams in each section
- Tie breaks: A playoff of G5 (5 min blitz game) will take place, in the case of a tie for any of the top three places in the Standings in any section
- Prizes to best team names
$10 gift card each to the top 2 teams for best team names voted by parents and coaches. Be creative!
Chess sets, notation sheets, and pencils will be provided. Bring your chess clock if you have one.
All teams must register by midnight January 30th, 2019 (Wednesday): coaches should submit the team name, players’ names and grade levels, the board order, as well as the coach’s contact information via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Coaches pay registration fee ($40 per team) in check or cash on site.
Make check payable to Hardin Valley Academy.
Inquiry: Dr. Xiaopeng Zhao (Email: email@example.com)
Mrs. Amanda Danson (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)