Early Voting is complete for the 2022 Federal/State Primary, Knox County General, and Town of Farragut Municipal Elections.
Election Day is THURSDAY, AUGUST 4, 2022.
Polls are open beginning at 8 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. on August 4. Any voter that is in line at their polling place by 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote. If a voter does not get in line by 8 pm, they will not be allowed to vote.
Election Day voters must vote at their designated polling place, based on their address of residence. There are 78 Election Day polling places in Knox County.
All voters must present a photo identification issued by the State of Tennessee (such as a driver’s license) or the Federal Government (such as a passport).
ABSENTEE BALLOTS – They must be returned BY MAIL to the Election Commission office; THEY CANNOT BE HAND-DELIVERED. They must be received by the time the polls close on Election Day.
This ballot is the longest in Knox County since the August 2014 ballot.
NOTE: EVERY VOTER WILL RECEIVE TWO SHEETS (TWO PIECES OF PAPER) WITH RACES ON BOTH SIDES.
This ballot is a combination of:
- The Federal and State Primary ballot (Republican and Democratic)
- The Knox County General ballot (including all judicial positions, two district-only County Commission seats, and five school board seats)
- The Town of Farragut Municipal ballot, and
- Retention questions for twenty-six (26) Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, and Court of Criminal Appeals seats.
All told, this ballot features 58 to 61 different contests (depending on the voter’s address) for Knox County voters to cast a vote in.
When a prospective voter enters the polling place, shows their photo ID, and verifies their address, they will be asked in which primary they wish to vote. While voters in Tennessee DO NOT register by party, a voter must choose a primary if they choose to cast a ballot in the primary election.
A wealth of information, including:
- Sample Republican ballot
- Sample Democratic ballot
- Sample General ballot
- Address lookup/district lookup tool (voters can lookup their polling place and the districts they reside in)
- List of Precincts and Polling Places
- Financial disclosures for candidates
- Final Early Voting totals
can be found at www.knoxvotes.org