WHEN: 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, March 26
WHERE: Central High School, 5321 Jacksboro Pike
Knox County Schools will host a Recruitment Fair from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, March 26. In addition to teachers, the district is recruiting outstanding candidates in food service, custodial and transportation. Additional positions that KCS is looking to hire for are listed below. For the first time, all KCS schools are authorized to make contingency offers to candidates on the day of the fair.
- Hard-to-staff positions – KCS is offering a $7,000 incentive for new special education teachers and a $5,000 bonus for new speech language therapists, school psychologists, hearing specialists, vision specialists and audiologists. New teachers in certain hard-to-staff specialties of math and science are also eligible for a signing bonus.
- Tutors – KCS is hiring paid tutors for grades K-5 reading and grades 6-8 math, up to Algebra 1. Full-time ($125/day, plus benefits) and part-time ($16 per hour) tutor positions are available. Tutors will be KCS employees who work in school buildings with small groups of students (4 or fewer). Positions are available in Spring 2022, and in the 2022-23 school year.
- College and Career Mentors – KCS is hiring College and Career Mentors who will coordinate the college / career readiness program and support the work of KCS school counselors. Mentors will be KCS employees who will be placed in KCS middle and high schools. Positions are available in the 2022-23 and 2023-24 school year.
- School Security Officers – KCS is hiring more than two dozen School Security Officers (SSOs). The Security Division is seeking a diverse group of professionals who are interested in a rewarding career of service to Knox County children. SSOs are bonded special deputies with the Knox County Sheriff’s Office and undergo an 8-week training academy.
- Permanent Substitutes – KCS is hiring 90 substitutes who will be placed at each Knox County school. Permanent subs will be KCS employees who will be paid $128 per day, plus benefits. Positions are available in the 2022-23 and 2023-24 school year.
More information about the KCS Recruitment Fair may be found at www.knoxschools.org/recruitment.