Attractions include 50 massive LEGO models of famous landmarks from around the world.
KNOXVILLE – June 8, 2018 – BrickUniverse LEGO Fan Convention is set to make its spectacular return at Knoxville Convention Center for two days: August 25-26, 2018. The event is building on LEGO’s amazing popularity and ingenuity, the event features attractions and hands-on fun centered around everybody’s favorite plastic building blocks. The 2018 convention will feature all-new LEGO attractions and exhibits.
At the inaugural 2018 Knoxville convention, the team at BrickUniverse witnessed thousands of LEGO fans show up to enjoy live LEGO builds and select galleries of amazing, life-sized LEGO models. The Building Zone, which contains thousands of LEGO bricks, even allowed attendees to build creations of their own.
BrickUniverse brings renowned professional LEGO artists from around the world. Professional LEGO artist Jonathan Lopes of San Diego, California will display over 30 of his select LEGO displays and he will be present at the convention all weekend. He will also talk to attendees about his life as a professional LEGO artist, including how they too can become LEGO master builders. Additionally, Chicago-based LEGO artist Rocco Buttliere will bring over 50 LEGO models of world famous landmarks. Attendees can see the largest skyscraper in the world, Burj Khalifa, the full Westminster Palace in London, and other famous landmarks built from LEGO bricks.
Additionally, The Fan Zone at BrickUniverse features fan-built LEGO creations built by some of the world’s best LEGO Fan builders, including spectacles from our own Knoxville builders.
Other attractions include:
- LEGO Friends Building Area featuring tons of LEGO Friends bricks including all you need to build a beautiful dream house.
- Big Brick Building where younger visitors can explore imagination through building with larger LEGO Duplo bricks.
- LEGO Retail where fans can purchase LEGO merchandise.
- BIONICLE Warrior Building where attendees can construct a LEGO BIONICLE Warrior.
- Star Wars Zone, which allows fans to build spaceships and more with thousands of LEGO STAR WARS themed bricks.
- The Challenge Zone featuring competitions with other attendees in head-to-head in brick building challenges.
- The Building Zone with thousands of bricks laid out for attendees to build and create.
Tickets are available for Saturday, August 25 and Sunday, August 26. After last year’s sold out event, early booking is advised. Tickets can be purchased at www.brickuniverse.com/knoxville