New Harvest Park Farmers Market is hosting its sixth annual Blueberry Festival on Thursday, June 30 from 3 to 6 p.m. at New Harvest Park, 4775 New Harvest Lane.
In addition to local blueberries and blueberry plants for sale, other activities will include:
- Special treats for kids – including a Cruze Farm ice cream eating contest at 4:30 p.m.
- Blueberry smoothie recipe and food demonstration by the UT-Ag Extension Office
- Herbal tea demonstration with Kathy from Erin’s Meadow Herb Farm at 3:30 p.m. under the pavilion. Learn how to make healthy herbal teas from fresh or dried herbs. Drink these hot or cold for energy, good digestion, allergy relief and more.
- Blueberry dessert contest: make and bring your favorite dessert to the pavilion by 4 p.m. Judges include Charlotte Tolley of the Market Square Farmers’ Market. Winners will be announced at 5 p.m.
- Raising blueberries Q & A with the UT-Ag Extension Office
- Additional activities will be announced on the Blueberry Festival’s Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/642809749205971/
For more information, contact Jennifer Linginfelter at (865) 215-4579 (office) or (865) 803-5509 (cell).