The nominations have been tallied, and now it’s time for the community to vote for the next Knox Cash Mob location. The top five nominees (listed alphabetically) are:
- · Colonial Village Shopping Center (Colonial Hardware, Kay’s Ice Cream and The Village Bakery), 6202 Chapman Highway
- · Mclemore Florist, 106 E Young High Pike
- · Myrtle’s Mess, 2618 E Martin Mill Pike
- · Sally’s Alley, 8203 Chapman Highway
- · Tea & Treasures, 4104 Martin Mill Pike
Online voting begins at 5 p.m. today at www.knoxcounty.org, and will continue until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 6. The winning business will be announced on Friday, March 8.
“People regularly come up to me with Cash Mob suggestions, so this is a good way to get them involved in the selection process,” said Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett. “We had a lot of people go online and nominate their favorite South Knox businesses, which goes to show that our community cares about local business and wants to help. That’s the goal of Cash Mobs.”
Mayor Burchett started organizing Knox Cash Mobs early last year in an effort to help businesses in South Knoxville affected by the Henley Street Bridge closure. The mobs eventually expanded to the rest of the county, with the Lunch with the Mayor series of events being organized to help local restaurants, as well.