Students who are eligible for free summer learning camps offered by Knox County Schools will be able to register beginning on Monday, March 21.
The camps are voluntary, and KCS will offer programming for elementary and middle school students:
- The Elementary Summer Learning Camp is a 4-week program that will begin on May 31 and will run through June 24.
- The Middle School Summer Bridge Camp is a 4-week program that will begin on June 1 and will run through June 28.
Families of eligible students will receive an email with an enrollment link on the afternoon of March 21, and the enrollment deadline is April 22. Eligibility for this program is based on factors including:
- Individual student performance on state reading and math assessments;
- Overall academic performance at specific schools; and
- Economic challenges facing families.
More information, including FAQs in English and Spanish, is available at knoxschools.org/summerlearning.
Additionally, Knox Education Foundation has launched a new initiative called Summer Climb, which is a call to action for families, educators, community leaders and stakeholders to rally support around improving literacy outcomes. For more information, visit this link.