Friday is the deadline to apply as a Class of 2022 tnAchieves mentor! As of today, more than 1,600 mentors are still needed statewide. Counties in East Tennessee with outstanding mentor need include:
- Anderson County – 14 Mentors Needed
- Blount County – 25 Mentors Needed
- Campbell County – 9 Mentors Needed
- Cocke County – 12 Mentors Needed
- Grainger County – 10 Mentors Needed
- Hamblen County – 17 Mentors Needed
- Knox County – 27 Mentors Needed
- Loudon County – 3 Mentors Needed
- Monroe County – 30 Mentors Needed
- Morgan County – 1 Mentors Needed
- Scott County – 23 Mentors Needed
- Sevier County – 46 Mentors Needed
Please help to ensure all TN Promise students have a local support system by completing an application at tnAchieves.org/mentors/apply!
Mentors serve as an important resource for students as they transition from high school to college. They provide reminders, serve as a resource and offer encouragement for students as they work to achieve college success. The TN Promise Class of 2022 has applied at rates not seen since before the pandemic; now more mentors are needed to ensure they are supported!
tnAchieves mentoring only requires a one-hour-per-month commitment. In 2022, mentors will be able to choose between mentoring virtually or in person, depending on their preference.
While the time commitment is small, the impact on a student’s life can be significant. Interested volunteers must be 21 years of age, are subject to a background check and must complete a one-hour training session.
tnAchieves is a 501(c)3 non-profit that has provided scholarships with mentor support since 2008. Those interested in applying or learning more can visit www.tnAchieves.org/mentors/apply or contact Tyler Ford at (309) 945-3446.