Pilot Company Thursday announced the return of the American Heart Association’s Life is Why™ campaign to its stores this February, American Heart Month. Guests can join the fight against heart disease and stroke by donating online or visiting any of the 750 company-operated travel centers and convenience stores in the U.S. to round up or purchase a paper heart in support of the life-saving work of the American Heart Association.
“We continue to be inspired by the countless stories shared by team members, guests and loved ones demonstrating the importance of heart and brain health,” said Brian Ferguson, Chief Merchant of Pilot Company. “The importance of giving to raise funds for the American Heart Association’s critical research and programs is greater than ever, especially due to COVID-19. With everyone’s help, we can make a difference for someone’s ‘why’ and improve the well-being of those in our communities and all over the world.”
During the month of February, Pilot Company will provide convenient ways for guests to give at its locations across the country, including company-operated Pilot and Flying J Travel Centers and One9 Fuel Network Stores. For guest safety, contactless payment options are available with tap-and-pay enabled pin pads, Apple Pay and Google Pay in stores or on the company’s website. The company’s fundraising initiatives include:
- Paper Heart Icons: $1, $3 and $5 red hearts will be available for purchase at all locations.
- Pin-Pad Round Up or Donation*: Guests can round up their purchase to the nearest whole dollar or elect to donate other amounts at the pin-pad during checkout.
- Donate Online: A donation link also will be included on the company’s campaign website throughout the month of February to provide guests another convenient way to donate.
Throughout the campaign, guests will also find exclusive deals in the Pilot Flying J app on healthier food and beverage options at Pilot and Flying J Travel Centers. Offers to save on snacks and drinks that are healthier for those on-the-go include Perfect Bars, Think Jerky, RX Bars, Wonderful Pistachios, KIND Bars, Chobani Yogurt, cheeses, freshly prepared fruit and protein cups, bottled water and Pilot Coffee.
All of the proceeds raised through Life is Why™ will directly benefit the critical programs of the American Heart Association and will enable the Association to:
- Fund research that can improve the health outcomes of heart and stroke patients;
- Train more than 2.5 million high school students in CPR annually;
- Support the work of local entrepreneurs and organizations working to improve health outcomes in under-resourced communities.
To learn more about Pilot Company’s Life is Why™ campaign, visit pilotflyingj.com/life-is-why or to find nearby locations to donate, download the Pilot Flying J app. To learn more about the Life Is Why™ campaign, please visit www.heart.org/lifeiswhy
*Certain purchases (including, without limitation, fuel and fuel additives and purchases made on fleet cards or direct bill programs) are not eligible for round-up contributions.